Quiet-Title Actions

You’ve just purchased a tax deed from the county tax commissioner, do you own the property?  No, not really. You will need to foreclose on the right to redeem unless the prior owner or a lienholder pays you your bid amount plus 20%. You’re probably asking, “If I foreclose on the right to redeem, do I now own the property?”  Kind of. If you wish to sell the property, you may have to do a quiet title action. A quiet title action involves a lawsuit being filed, retaining a special master, title searches, and legal notices being sent to prior owners and other lien holders.  Unfortunately, it is a complex undertaking.

The lawyers at Shadrix, Lane & Parmer, P.C. have handled countless quiet title actions from start to finish.  Let us assist you in acquiring a marketable title to the property you’ve just purchased with a tax deed so you can sell it.  Please feel free to call our Firm at (770) 830-0809.

If you need legal assistance regarding quiet-title actions in Georgia, contact the law firm of Shadrix, Lane & Parmer, P.C. at 770-830-0809.


Attorneys At Law

At Shadrix, Lane & Parmer, P.C., we understand that our clients come to us when they need real help with issues impacting their lives and their businesses. This is why we do everything we can to ensure that our clients get the best possible resolutions. Whether it is a business matter, divorce, estate-related problem, real estate transaction or criminal charge, we put all of our experience and skill to work to secure the best possible outcome for you.

To find out how our attorneys can provide legal assistance in your particular situation, contact Shadrix, Lane & Parmer, P.C. For the convenience of our clients, we offer flexible office hours by appointment.

Get In Touch

Disclaimer: The use of this form for communication with the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.